Monday, December 13, 2010

Caleb and the Caroling Caravan :: Vol. II

I just picked a good fight with this chick I'm seeing, it was fun. So then I went looking for Christmas inspired music that is actually good, because I wanted some happier music to lighten the mood.
Caleb and the Caroling Caravan are sick nasty! The first track "Christmas is the Best!" is Christmas to me! Man these layered vocals are really hitting the spot for me. The percussion has a very low fi feel to it which is exactly how I like my percussion unless I'm listening to metal. This track just makes me smile.
The second track "Toyland" is a take on a Christmas classic and I have to say I approve. I really like Caleb's voice, it's very easy to listen to. When the strings come into play over the scratchy guitar you can tell whoever wrote these songs knows what they are doing. It gives me a sit down by the fire and drink some tea feel.
Moving on to the seventh track on this groups band camp, "Tinsel Vision" which has a very similar feel to "Toyland". I have to say this track is awesome too! I haven't found Christmas music I have liked since I was like 10! This is some great stuff, do your thang Caleb and his Carolers!

-Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment