Friday, December 24, 2010

Chasing After Shadows...Living With Ghosts :: Hammock

It's good to be back on something civil. My best friend Michael was in town for about 5 days so I was busy. I also have not talked to Charlie since he got back in town but I am sure he had a good time, and I loved to see that my assumptions of him being called Sean White a bunch were true. On to the music, Hammock rocks. I have known about this project since its release in May. This is some good post-rock with thin, layered guitars and the climax of a good ol' Explosions In The Sky tune. This is more ambient than anything post-rock I have heard, though. I think that has a lot to do with the flowing synth and almost space like sounds that crescendo and decrescendo throughout these songs. The tracks give me a very dark feeling. It is also very simple but makes me think. Simplicity is great, in my opinion. Definitely go buy Hammock's release either digital or tangible form at Hammock's Bandcamp.
-Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment