Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wooden Heart :: Listener

I first heard about Listener from a group called The Chariot they used some of Listener's great poetry in their song called David De La Hoz. The Chariot is a bad ass Chaotic Hardcore band, so if you're into that kind of thing check it out. Listener's latest release "Wooden Heart" is great. I downloaded it and after the first track was finished I immediately got all four Listener records. "Talk - Music" is a genre created by Dan Smith of Listener and to be honest, it is intense. This raw poetry being yelled in your ear with the ambient indie tune going on in the background make for a great mix of emotions. I want to talk about the track "Most Roads Lead To Home"  that left me saying "Wait, keep going your on to something!" I want you to listen to what Dan has to say and really think about what he means, this guy has got some very good things to say. Now this is another member of Listener and in no way would I want to leave him out in the credit for how unique this group is. Christin Nelson is responsible for the very well groomed wavy ambient indie tracks. Go purchase all of Listener's records over at their Bandcamp, I would say it's well worth the money. Oh, one last thing, I read somewhere that Dan Smith was once a rapper, I am yet to find anything musically on that. If I do you can guarantee it will be on SOMETHING.civil.

-Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment