Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Native :: Wrestling Moves

You know when you hear something and you're like "Damn I really wish I would have thought of this first!"? That is exactly how I feel about Native. Native is a post rock meets math rock combo that is really pleasing on my ears. I have studied music for eight years now and am a big fan of anything that isn't written in 4/4 and has some progressive influence. I am a nerd pretty much, this is nerd music, this is love. Native's "Wrestling Moves" clearly shows that these guys listened to a lot of Anthony Green when they were growing up and maybe still do (AG is my homeboy). The tone of the guitar is very similar to Circa Survive and comparable to Explosions In The Sky. The drums are sweet, as a drummer I admire the simplicity inside complication. The time changes and syncopated hits are handled with ease and enough nuance to make it very cool. I admire all of these songs, truly awesome stuff. You can buy Native's "Wrestling Moves" over at their Band camp. Did I mention this band is from Indiana? Wazzgoood! 

-Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment